Jamaica Cottage Shop Inc.
Customer Service Representative | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 40 hrs with minimum average of 32 hrs/wk
Position Starts: May 22, 2019
End Date: Minimum 90 day commitment
Location: South Londonderry, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
A little about the company:
Joining the customer service representative team will enable you to help leads design there dream cottage, tiny house and storage buildings. A search for friendly professional candidates with an upbeat personality who love to work with the public is currently underway. Those interested in learning more about the company and our extensive product line are encouraged to apply. The company seeks excited individuals to work with clients in assisting in tiny house, cottage, garden and storage shed designs.
- Respond to inquiries from customers regarding past, current and pending orders
- Answering phone calls, emails, and attending to walk-in traffic
- Assist client inquiries in all processes leading up to taking a deposit including answering questions, making decision recommendations, and addressing any concerns they may have including those related to budget, site preparation, lead time, etc.
- Filing paperwork accordingly and tracking all work flows using MS Excel and Salesforce (will train in Salesforce workflows)
- Maintaining a customer database of information (using Salesforce)
- Solve customer issues and complaints in a timely manner (One Call Resolution when possible)
- Data entry skills / TYPING IS A MUST
- Computer literate & skilled navigating through multiple screens including web browsers and MS
- Office documents
- Willing to train those who exude the attitude and eagerness to potentially expand our current company culture in a positive way
- Verbal and written communication to coordinate with our clients, staff members and other departments
- Flexible and willing to be cross trained to learn many different tasks
- Willingness to learn and be a part of a team-oriented business culture
Educational/Professional Development Outcomes
- To give Business interns the opportunity to apply their academics in a real world setting;
- To Strengthen – their software/application skills (MSWord, MSExcel, CRM, Adobe Acrobat, MSOutlook, etc);
- Understand day-to-day operations necessary to not only sustain the business, but also to continue to grow it;
- Build upon and/or increase their confidence while working solo/unsupervised, as part of a team, and/or one-on-one with clients;
- Experience and learn how to juggle multiple tasks with various deadlines and workflows that others will be depending on: teaches prioritizing, how to come up with solutions rather than get stuck on a problem, and the proper communication to call on their team as needed in a timely manner;
- Allow them the experience of working in a fast-paced office environment with a unique product and strong team;
- Incentives for the entire office when meeting sales/promotion goals;
- Employee outings/gatherings (we just had our company-wide “Tacos, Tie-Dye, and Tug-of-War” employee party and planning the next BBQ at the local swimming hole)
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Katrina Fleck, Chief Admin, Jamaica Cottage Shop, Inc., 170 Winhall Station Rd, South Londonderry, VT 05155. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.