Renewable Energy Vermont
Communications & Marketing Intern | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 16 hours
Position Starts: 1/1/20
End Date: 6 months
Pay: $10.78/hr +
Location: Montpelier, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Renewable Energy Vermont (REV) represents businesses, non-profits, utilities, and individuals committed to reducing our reliance on dirty fossil fuels by increasing clean renewable energy and energy efficiency in Vermont. We advocate for policies at the state, regional, and local level to drive achievement of Vermont’s 90% total renewable energy (electric, thermal, transportation) and 80% climate pollution reduction commitments.
The Communications and Marketing Intern will help maintain REV’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, assist in publishing the bi-monthly newsletter, creating marketing materials and helping to update the website.
- Creating marketing materials as needed
- Updating the website to reflect the most recent news and to update member profiles
- Updating REV’s social media platforms
- Monitoring comments on articles that are posted on Facebook and Twitter, commenting when necessary with fact-based responses (as directed by Executive Director)
- Compiling a weekly list of renewable energy and energy efficiency related articles to be sent out to REV Members
- Attending conferences and “manning” the REV booth at events
Candidates must possess strong communication, writing, and research skills; an ability to take initiative, work independently, and thrive in a fast paced environment; and a passion for achieving Vermont’s sustainable, clean energy future. Current undergraduate, graduate or recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Desired
Candidates with graphic design and video experience are preferred.
Educational and Professional Development Outcomes
REV Internships offer excellent professional experience, networking opportunities, and specific projects to develop work portfolios. Academic credit available pursuant to school requirements.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
Your application will consist of a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Please address your cover letter to Ansley Bloomer, Assistant Director, Renewable Energy Vermont, 33 Court Street, Montpelier, VT 05602 . Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and submit your application materials. Position is available until filled.