Vermont Electric Cooperative
Communications and Member Engagement Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 40 hours or less
Position Starts: May 2019
End Date: 12 weeks
Location: Johnson, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Vermont Electric Cooperative (VEC), the state’s largest member-owned utility is seeking a Member Relations and Communication intern for the summer of 2019. We are looking for someone who can help us effectively manage a diverse range of member related programs and communications in our 2019 strategic work plan including energy transformation projects and Cooperative community solar. This person will be a valued part of our Member Services and Communications team.
Specific projects could include:
- Assist with creating and implementing safety educational programs targeted to high school audience;
- Write a guest piece for VEC’s quarterly newsletter focused on youth engagement;
- Assist with launching and maximizing VEC’s Instagram presence;
- Support expansion of VEC’s Member Discount Program by developing business leads;
- Assist with creating a “Did you know” social media campaign;
- Create and/or update legislator contact database;
- Assist with implementing and coordinating community meetings;
- Help create and edit project videos;
- And more!
- Excellent writing and communication skills (draft articles for newsletters, social media, and VEC website)
- Social media skills and savvy (help optimize social media activity)
- Proficient in web-based applications (e.g. survey monkey, constant contact, website updates)
- Ability to translate complex technical information for the lay person
Educational / Professional Development Outcomes
- Intern will gain real world experience working in the state’s largest member owned utility.
- Ability to learn about the latest in energy innovation from a technical and policy perspective.
- Intern will have access to professional mentors for career and professional counseling.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
- Casual Dress
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Amanda Zay, Sr. Human Resource Generalist, Vermont Electric Cooperative, 42 Wescom Rd, Johnson, VT 05656. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.