IMPACT STUDIO: Transforming the Social Entrepreneur’s Innovation Toolkit
When: February 25, 2023 9:00 am – February 25, 2023 4:00 am
Location: The Space On Main, 174 Main Street, Bradford, Vermont
Cost To Attend:
VBSR Members –
Registration is closed
Event hosted by: cumulus lab
Social-impact entrepreneurs use the levers of a market economy to transform complex societal challenges. To keep pace with evolving markets and cultures, they must also continually respond with relevant new products, services, and approaches. Too often, the brushfires of the moment leave little time for developing community-sourced creative insight and innovation that nourish resilience, relevance, and impact.This intensive program is a hands-on introduction to the process of Creative Contextual Innovation that accesses the vast reservoir of untapped systemic insight hidden in complex cultures, communities, and environments. Organized as a two-part studio, it is designed for those already working as founders, leaders, and innovators in Vermont and New Hampshire social-impact organizations. No previous design experience is required.Day 1 Studio (2/25) The studio starts with a day-long introduction to principles and practices of Contextual Discovery. In an engaging format, participants move through a series of immersive design exercises that transform their relationship to problems, solutions, and the usual sources of innovation. The day culminates with the design of individual projects focused on redefining the problems and opportunities driving our business’s current business innovation process.Day 2 Studio (3/18) The cohort will review, enrich, and convert the portfolio of contextual insight into actionable design propositions for new products, services, and processes.Studio Lead: Daniel Hewett is the founder of cumuluslab.org, a strategic design studio in Providence, RI. As an architect, design strategist, and professor, he has co-founded the Center for Complexity at the Rhode Island School of Design and developed strategic design studios to expand the creative decision-making capacity of government, commercial, and institutional partners, including LEGO, Nike, Cessna, USAid, The World Economic Forum, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Goldman Sachs’ 10K Small Businesses.Offered by cumuluslab & hosted by The Space On Main
- Capacity: 20 Students
- Location: The Space On Main, 174 Main Street, Bradford, Vermont
- Beneficiaries: Founders, innovation leads, design leads, students, program directors, design/business faculty, etc.
- Sectors: Social Impact Entrepreneurs, Government, Institutions, and NGO’s
- Format: 2-Part Project-based Studio
- Dates: Studio Sessions 9:00am-4:00pm, 2/25/23 & 3/18/23
- Themes: Cognitive Humility, The Myth of Invention, Systems Literacy, Seeing What Others Don’t, Value Creation in Complex Ecologies
- Questions: Monique Priestley, Executive Director, The Space On Main firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication & More Information: Learn more about how to apply to this 2-Day intensive program opportunity at thespaceonmain.org/impactstudio————————————————–cumuluslab has generously discounted the fee for the studio to support the region’s social-impact community. Participants are asked to contribute $150, with all proceeds to support Maker Lab programming at The Space on Main.