We've gathered a growing list of useful online links and resources. This list will keep growing all the time. Know a link to a free resource or educational tool that we're missing? Please email it to us at email@example.com. For useful SR products, member-to-member discounts, and other business products, please use our Member Directory.
- United Way of Chittenden County has an online searchable database of volunteer opportunities; non-profits who need volunteers can register and be added to the database
- Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE), an international alliance of 48 independently operated local business networks; includes rich resources and research on local economies
- Vermont Small Business Development Center (VtSBDC) is a non-profit partnership of government, education, and business whose goal is to spur Vermont's economy by helping its small businesses succeed and grow.
- Ben and Jerry’s 1999 to 2010 Social & Environmental Assessment Reports
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 CSR Reports available
- Green Mountain Power, 2011 CSR Reports available
- Seventh Generation 2009 and 2010 CSR Reports available
- Send us a link to your CSR report and we'll post it here!
General CSR Links
- CSR Tools, the national BSR’s compilation of tools and resources on responsible business practices
- Vermont Business Environmental Partnership (VBEP) is a FREE, voluntary, environmental assistance and business recognition program working to promote improved environmental and economic performance and to promote public recognition of environmental excellence.
- Vermont Green Hotels Program offers both a database of green hotels and resources to help hotels become greener
- Co-op America, a not-for-profit membership organization working to harness economic power - the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace - to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- MEBSR (Maine Businesses for Social Responsibility) a sister organization to VBSR.
- NHBSR (New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility), another sister trade organization to VBSR.
- Net Impact, a network of MBAs, graduate students and professionals committed to using the power of business to improve the world.
- Social Venture Network (SVN), a nonprofit network that connects, leverages, and promotes a global community of leaders for a more just and sustainable economy.
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), the national trade organization, focused mostly on larger business.
- Efficiency Vermont: Efficiency Vermont provides technical assistance, rebates, and other financial incentives to help Vermont households and businesses reduce their energy costs with energy-efficient equipment, lighting, and approaches to construction and major renovation.
- Renewable Energy Vermont: REV works across a spectrum of activities to advance and grow reliance on our own renewable energy. They help with building business networks and partnerships, and providing professional development, training and support.
Carbon Footprint Calculators (interactive tools that let you calculate your household’s impact on the environment)
- NativeEnergy has a calculator for individuals
- SafeClimate has a business-specific calculator
- Green Mountain Power has a calculator for homes or households
General Energy Links
- Energy Conservation Tips for Businesses, Earth 911's list of simple ways businesses can conserve energy
- DSIRE (Database for State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency), an online searchable database of state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Renewable Energy World, a comprehensive source of renewable energy news and information
- Vermont Waste Managements: a resource for recycling centers throughout Vermont, reducing waste in your business, and more.
- Recyling Tips: information on composting, waste assessment, waste management and disposal, etc., specific to Chittenden County
- Northeast Recyling Council:Their mission is to advance an environmentally sustainable economy by promoting source and toxicity reduction, recycling, and the purchasing of environmentally preferable products and services.
Material Exchanges and Used and Recycled Supplies
- Business Material Exchange, a local service facilitating the exchange of resources and materials between businesses and individuals to help reduce waste
Sustainability & Agriculture
- Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT), an association of farmers, gardeners, and consumers working to promote an economically viable and ecologically sound Vermont food system.
- Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund, dedicated to accelerate the development of Vermont's green economy, they provide early stage grant funding, technical assistance, and loans to entrepreneurs, businesses, farmers, networks and others.
- Builders for Social Responsibility, a group of Vermont building professionals and others who are concerned with the impact of their work on their communities and society.
- Vermont Green Building Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing Vermont’s participation in green building and to promoting the environmental, financial, community, and health benefits of green design, construction, and building operation practices.
Green Product Guides
- MetaEfficient reviews and evaluates green products and techniques
- The Next Generation Commission, a 2006 report put together by the comission outlining a plan to encourage Vermonters to live and work in Vermont.
- Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, the State agency dedicated to protecting and improving the health of Vermont’s people and ecosystems and promoting the sustainable use of Vermont’s natural resources.
- Vermont Natural Resources Council (VNRC), the state’s leading statewide environmental organization dedicated to protecting our natural resources and environment through research, education, and advocacy.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG), the largest nonprofit consumer and environmental advocacy organization in the state, working to promote and protect the health of Vermont’s people, environment and locally-based economy.
- Renewable Energy Vermont (REV), an organziation working to bring about an intelligent transformation from a foreign fossil fuel based economy to an economy increasingly based on our own renewable energy.
- ENE Climate Change Roadmap, Environment Northeast's plan to reach regional greenhouse gas reduction goals in the Northeast.
- Governors Commission on Climate Change, a State commission working to create a Climate Change Action Plan for Vermont.
- Vermont Department of Public Service, a State agency whose charge is to represent the public interest in matters regarding energy, telecommunications, water and wastewater.
- Bi-State Primary Care Association, an organization working to foster the delivery of primary health care services to medically underserved and geographically, culturally, and linguistically isolated persons in the states of New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, working to advocate for, lead, and serve their members in their efforts to develop, and sustain, high quality health services for Vermonters.
- The Vermont Campaign for Health Care Security works to provide a unified voice for Vermonters seeking real health care reform. The member groups of the coalition collectively represent 200,000 Vermonters.
- Vermont’s Health Care Reform, the State Agency of Administration's project to make quality and affordable health care available for all Vermonters.
People & Communities
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place - Vermont Housing Awareness Campaign, a report by the Campaign on Vermont's housing shortage.
- RU12? Community Center addresses the social, cultural, educational, health and safety needs of Vermont's queer and allied communities.
- Vermont Commission on Women, the only State agency singularly focused on women’s issues and responding to the needs of Vermont women.
- Vermont Peace and Justice Center, a Vermont-based, non-profit, membership organization that works on the intersecting issues of economic and racial justice, and peace and human rights through education, advocacy, training, and non-violent activism.
- Kids Are Priority One Coalition is Vermont's statewide early childhood coalition of parents, organizations and businesses committed to ensuring that every child in Vermont gets a good start.
- The Carsey Institute conducts research and analysis on the challenges facing families and communities in New Hampshire, Northern New England, and the nation.
- Vermont Legislature Joint Fiscal Office provides non-partisan information and research services to all members of the General Assembly.