THE SR JOURNEY: A SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOL
The SR Journey is a tool to help VBSR members measure and record activities undertaken in their journey towards social responsibility. By answering the questions that are relevant to your business, you will determine a baseline measure of your own socially responsible activities. Upon completion, you will get a score that is entirely for your own use and that remains confidential. By retaking the survey several times a year, you will be able to track your progress. The assessment focuses on three areas of business operation:
- Community Support & Involvement
- Values Based Sourcing
- Solid Waste and Wastewater
- Transporting People & Goods
- Energy Efficiency
- Employment/Workforce Development
- Encouraging Healthy Employees
- Organizational Atmosphere
This tool is intended to assist small and medium-sized businesses to measure their baseline level of socially responsible practices, learn what they could be doing to be more socially responsible, identify areas to focus on for improvement, and measure their progress toward social responsibility. The SR Journey is designed to be useful for all types of business and scalable for any size business. If a particular question does not suit the specifics of your business, either answer it as best you can to address the intention of the question, or skip that question. For example, if you are a sole proprietor, questions related to employees may be hard to answer, but perhaps you can answer those questions based on your experience with contractors or service providers who spend time a significant amount of time working with you.
Here's how it works:
1. Click on the link below to start the assessment. Please note that this is a comprehensive assessment and some time will need to be set aside. To help assist in this process you do have the ability to save and come back to the assessment as long as you use the same computer you started on.
2. Once you have completed the assessment, VBSR will be notified and the analysis will begin.
3. You will receive a file, through the e-mail provided, of your assessment results. Keep your results accessible so you can compare the data when you take the assessment again.
4. Your business name will be listed on our website as a Journeyman.
5. Your business will receive a certificate of completion to hang in your office.
6. Come back in a few months to take the assessment again and see how much you have improved!!