The Livable Jobs Toolkit
The Livable Jobs Toolkit is for businesses who:
- Want to attract and keep employees
- Have small, medium or large budgets
- Are looking for new ways to compensate employees
The Toolkit draws from research on companies that have successfully created livable jobs, and gives the specific actions those companies used. It also has practical advice and tools to help companies strengthen their workforce. These include advice on how to:
- create a work and life-friendly workplace,
- offer an attractive package of wages, benefits and workplace practices, and
- stay profitable at the same time.
What is a Livable Job?
A livable job is a combination of wages, benefits, and workplace practices that allow a full-time worker to be financially self-sufficient.
Do you need the Toolkit?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, the solutions in this toolkit may help you.
- Does your company compete with others for employees?
- Is productivity part of your company's success?
- Does your company have too much employee turnover?
- Does your company suffer from worker shortages?
How to Get the Toolkit
To get a printed copy of the Livable Jobs Toolkit, call us 802-862-8347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We charge a small fee for these hard copies in order to offset printing costs (First copy free for VBSR members, $6 for additional copies, and $10 for non-members, plus any necessary postage). You can also download a free copy of the Toolkit as a PDF:
The toolkit now available online and in print is the Fall 2006 Revised Edition. The first edition of the Livable Jobs Toolkit came out in 2000.