Local First Members
To be a member of Local First Vermont, the business must meet the criteria below.
Criteria for Local First Vermont Membership
- The business is privately held, not publicly traded.
- The business owners, totaling greater than 50% of the business ownership, live in Vermont.
- The business is based in Vermont and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the state.
- The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing practices and distribution.
- The business is a member of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility.
Local First Vermont is a program of VBSR. As a member of Local First Vermont, your business will have access to the broad range of resources, programs and tools available to VBSR members.