Local First Members
Businesses in towns and rural areas all around Vermont. You can find them by looking for the Local First Vermont decal in their windows, logo on their websites or viewing "Local First Vermont" members in our Membership Directory.
All Local First Vermont members can be viewed in the VBSR/ Local First Online Directory.
Click here to be automatically directed to the VBSR online directory.
- Click on the "Category" scroll-down menu on the right hand of the screen.
- Choose Local First category (the first category on the list).
- Click on "Refine Listings" to create a list of Local First Members.
If you are a member of VBSR and are not already included as a member of Local First Vermont, please contact Calen King at 802-862-8347 or email@example.com. **Please Note** Not all VBSR members are eligible for membership with Local First Vermont.
Criteria for Local First Membership
- The business is privately held, not publicly traded.
- The business owners, totaling greater than 50% of the business ownership, live in Vermont.
- The business is based in Vermont and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the state.
- The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing practices and distribution.
Local First Vermont (LFVT) is a program managed by Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility. As a member of Local First Vermont, your business will also have access to the broad range of resources, programs and tools available to VBSR members.
VBSR Member Benefits
VBSR Levels and Dues
If you have any questions regarding membership please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-862-8347.
We are looking forward to having you join the local effort.