About the Program
The Vermont Intern Program connects college students, recent graduates and young professionals with career opportunities in Vermont. Since 2008, the program has helped bridge the gap between Vermont’s thousands of graduates seeking career leads and hundreds of employers seeking skilled workers, with the goal of retaining graduates and growing Vermont’s workforce.
The Program currently serves 2,000 current students and recent graduates, over 200 employers and 20 colleges and universities. We are a statewide resource strictly focused on PAID internships, and to date we have placed over 300 interns in high-quality internships in Vermont.
Our mission is to connect college students and recent graduates with employers in Vermont, support the development of high-quality internship opportunities, and cultivate an applicant pool and employer community that is prepared to meet the state’s workforce needs. In order to advance our mission, we:
- Applicants are advised on career pathways, workplace readiness and professional development
- Employers are advised on creating internships and managing interns to successful outcomes
- Applicants receive assistance with the search and application process
- Employers receive assistance with recruitment and candidate screening
- Employers and interns are prepared for the internship and receive support throughout
- Applicants find PAID internships and employers are matched with high quality candidates
- Employers and applicants are linked through direct referrals and recommendations
- Applicants are invited and encouraged to attend networking and professional development events
- All interns receive a FREE student membership to Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
FUNDING FOR OUR PROGRAM
A program of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility, the Vermont Intern Program is funded by the Vermont Department of Labor’s Workforce Education and Training Fund with support from UVM Continuing Distance and Education. We are also grateful to the Champion Members of VBSR, who support all of VBSR's programs and initiatives, including the Vermont Intern Program.