Information for Interns
The Vermont Intern Program connects juniors, seniors and recent graduates of Vermont’s colleges and universities with employers who have PAID internships. We post and promote positions, offer support with the search and application process and provide access to networking and professional development activities. Interns placed through the program are eligible for a FREE Individual Membership to Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR).
With more and more people doing internships, employers are coming to expect them on the resumes of potential employees. Internships create opportunities for relevant work experience - highly prized by employers - and add tremendous value to your application materials.
Besides pushing your resume to the top in a competitive job market, there are many other reasons to pursue an internship:
- Gain real world work experience
- Develop and build desirable skills
- Boost your comfort and confidence in a professional setting
- Test classroom learning in real life scenarios
- Try out a company, industry or occupation
- Make professional contacts for future references and networking
- Prove your value to a potential employer
- Make a difference!
A program of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility, the Vermont Intern Program is funded by the Vermont Department of Labor’s Workforce Education and Training Fund with support from UVM Continuing Distance and Education. Our purpose is to expose young people in Vermont to the diversity of career opportunities in the state.