The Vermont Intern Program posts and promotes positions, recruits candidates, and screens applicants - a FREE service for all Vermont employers. We also provide one-on-one assistance as well as tools and resources for creating successful internship positions.
To assist you with preparing for an intern at your workplace, we have created the following Employer Guides:
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: HOSTING AN INTERN
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: REFERENCE CHECK QUESTIONS
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: WORK PLAN
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: INTERN EVALUATION
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: EXPECTATIONS OF WORK RELATIONSHIP
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: EXIT INTERVIEW
- EMPLOYER GUIDE: OFFER LETTER
Click here for a PowerPoint slideshow on the US Department of Labor’s payment guidelines for “Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act” from Dinse Knapp & McAndrew.
Should you need assistance at any time, please contact us. We are happy to help!
A program of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility, the Vermont Intern Program is funded by the Vermont Department of Labor’s Workforce Education and Training Fund with support from UVM Continuing Distance and Education. Our purpose is to expose young people in Vermont to the diversity of career opportunities in the state.