About the Nominating Committee:
The Nominating Committee consists of up to seven people elected by the Board of Directors. The Commitee manages all aspects of the annual Board nomination process.
- Every year a “Call for Nominations” is sent to all VBSR members. In most years the Call for Nominations is sent out in early September.
- Each nominee is asked to complete a Board Nomination Questionnaire/Background Form to aid in the goal of maintaining a diverse, engaged, and committed board of directors for VBSR. Board Nomination Questionnaire and Background Form [25kb
- The Committee looks for a demonstrated commitment to VBSR, VBSR's mission and principles, and to a balance on the board of the following :geographic location, company size, business sector, gender, skills and interests.
The Board-appointed nominating committee meets to consider the nominations. The Committee looks for a demonstrated commitment to the mission and principles of VBSR, as well as to the organization itself, and a balance on the board of the following factors:
- geographic location
- company size
- business sector
- skills and interests
- By late fall, the committee creates a list of nominees to recommend to the full board, which then can approve or change the slate.
- For nominations put forth by the VBSR membership at large, the Nominating Committee presents every name submitted after confirming the individual is in a decision-making position at a for-profit member company.
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission and principles of VBSR is also essential. The nominating committee may conduct interviews to aid in review of the above factors.
- Once the board approves the slate of nominees, a ballot with brief biographies is sent to all VBSR members.
- Members vote by ballot in the fall for terms beginning January 1st.
- A Nomination Questionnaire and Background Form may be submitted at any time during the year for review by the Nominating Committee at a scheduled Committee meeting. If there are unfilled Board positions, the Nominating Committee may review and forward nominations to the Board of Directors for its review at a scheduled meeting. The Board may appoint directors to unfilled board positions at any scheduled meeting.
For more information about serving on the nominating committee, please contact Roxanne Vought or email@example.com or at 802-862-8347.
Nominating Committee Members
Avram Patt (Nominating Committee Chair)