About the Nominating Committee:
The Nominating Committee consists of up to seven people elected by the Board of Directors. The Commitee manages all aspects of the annual Board nomination process.
- Every year a “Call for Nominations” is sent to all VBSR members. In most years the Call for Nominations is sent out at the end of August/early September.
- Each nominee is asked to complete a Board Nomination Questionnaire/Background Form to aid in the goal of maintaining a diverse, engaged, and committed board of directors for VBSR.
- The Board-appointed Nominating Committee meets to consider the nominations. The Committee looks for a demonstrated commitment to the mission and principles of VBSR, as well as to the organization itself, and a balance on the board of the following factors (the Committee may conduct interviews to aid in review of the listed factors):
- geographic location
- company size
- business sector
- skills and interests
- By late fall, for "traditional" board seats, the Committee creates a list of nominees to recommend to the full board, which then can approve or change the slate.
- For "at-large" nominations, the Nominating Committee presents every name submitted after confirming the individual is in a decision-making position at a for-profit member company.
- Once the board approves the slate of nominees, a ballot with brief biographies is sent to all VBSR members.
- Members vote by ballot in the fall for terms beginning January 1st.
- The Nomination Questionnaire/Background Form may be submitted at any time during the year for review by the Nominating Committee at a scheduled Committee meeting. If there are unfilled Board positions, the Nominating Committee may review and forward nominations to the Board of Directors for its review at a scheduled meeting. The Board may appoint directors to unfilled board positions at any scheduled meeting.
For more information about serving on the nominating committee, please contact Roxanne Vought or email@example.com or at (802) 862-8347.
Nominating Committee Members
Avram Patt (Nominating Committee Chair)